PERSONAL DATA NOTICE
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to TA Futures Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as “TAF”, “our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this personal data notice, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
This personal data notice applies to any person whose personal data is processed by TAF.
- This personal data notice serves to inform you how your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of TAF.
- The personal data processed by us may include your name, contact details, email address, username, password, information of any past breaches of or convictions under any law, the relevant services provided to you and any other personal data required for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 below.
- Subject to the relevant laws, including the Securities Industry (Central Depositories) Act 1991 in respect of depositors’ information maintained by Bursa Malaysia Depository Sdn. Bhd., TAF may use your personal data for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- To enable it to discharge its duties and obligations under the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007, the Securities Commission Act 1993, the Securities Industry (Central Depositories Act) 1991, any other written law, the rules of Bursa Malaysia Berhad and related companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Bursa Malaysia”) or any co-operation arrangement with any relevant authority or any other stock or derivatives exchange, clearing house, securities depository authorised by the relevant local or foreign laws;
- To enable it to discharge its contractual obligations;
- To provide investor and other capital market education events and activities;
- To enable the resolution of a concern or complaint;
- To create directories or databases whether for publication or not;
- To provide ongoing information about events and programs, our products and services to people that we believe may be interested in such event, programs, products and services;
- To provide services;
- To research, develop and improve our events, programs, products and services; and
- For any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
- Your personal data is collected from various sources, including information you have provided us, information from third parties and information in the public domain.
- You may access and request for correction of your personal data. Please contact us using any of the following modes if you have any enquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data:
Designated Contact Person
Sam Wei Yee
32nd Floor Menara TA One
22 Jalan P Ramlee
50250 Kuala Lumpur
In accordance with the Act:
- we may charge a fee for processing your request for access; and
- we may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act.
- Subject to relevant laws, your personal data may be disclosed to:
- our parent company, subsidiaries, related and associated com
- our licensees, co-organisers of events, business partners and service providers;
- Bursa Malaysia, Securities Commission, Bank Negara Malaysia, the Police, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, Companies Commission of Malaysia, Registrar of Societies and other supervisory, governmental or relevant authority;
- any other stock or derivatives exchange, clearing house, securities depository authorised by the relevant laws;
- the public at large by publishing the same in accordance with the relevant rules of Bursa Malaysia.
- auditors, professional firms or entities; and
- any other person which TAF may think fit,
notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Malaysia, for any of the above Purposes or any other purpose for which your personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purpose directly related to any of the above Purposes or where such disclosure is required or authorised by law or by the order of a court.
- Unless otherwise specified by us at the time the personal data is collected, it is obligatory that you supply us with the personal data requested for by us.
- If you fail to supply to us the above personal data, we may not be able to carry out the Purpose for which you have provided us the personal data and in addition, you may be in breach of the requirements of the relevant rules of Bursa.
- Your personal data may be transferred to a place outside Malaysia.
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.